“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.” Proverbs 31:30-31
No matter our age, culture, marital status, or vocation – women are designed by our Creator God to need each other. We long for connection with other women as we journey through life. We are also created to long for Christ as the focus of our lives.
ECC Women’s Ministries is intentional in connecting women to Christ and to each other in everything we do.
- We intentionally REACH out to all generations of women and invite each one to join us on our journey. Titus 2:3-5
- We intentionally TEACH women God’s Word in our studies and it is the foundation of all that we do. 2 TImothy 3:16
- We intentionally EQUIP women to share Christ with others and lead them to Him. Matthew 28:18-20
- We intentionally SEND women out to share the Gospel and to serve others as we live out His commandments. James 1:22
- We welcome each one to join us as we intentionally connect and serve Christ together.
In Him, Glennis Thomas, Director of Women’s Ministries.
If you have questions, needs, or want more information about our purpose and offerings, contact me at 209-286-0879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While our goals to REACH, TEACH, EQUIP, and SEND are the same for all campuses, the times and offerings of some events and studies are designed to accommodate the women from each specific campus. For information about the Women’s Ministries offerings specific to the Surprise Valley Campus, call Val Welch at 208-866-5673.
KEEP UP-TO-DATE – Once a month, Women’s Ministries sends out an ENEWSLETTER with encouragement, upcoming event details for both Women’s Ministries and the church. Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign up. It will not confirm you have signed up, but once you have completed the process, you are on the list. We promise not to flood your inbox with bits and pieces, but only helpful information and encouragement.
REACH: Intentionally reaching out and connecting all generations of women.
- WELCOME CALLS – every week. When ladies attend church for the first time, they are called and any questions they may have about the church are answered and they are invited to attend the Connection Coffee.
- Connection Coffee – First Saturday of each month, 9 to 10:30 am. – A great opportunity to meet other ladies who are new to the church, as well as those who have been here longer. New friendships are started over coffee and conversation.
- SPRING EVENT – May 4 – Bring your friends as we welcome spring with a time of fun, food, and fellowship. Meet new friends, enjoy a delicious meal, and be inspired as multiple generations of women spend time together, connecting and enjoying each other’s company.
- FALL EVENT – October 26 – A great opportunity for fellowship and eating together. Gets ladies together for a time of connecting and catching up as we share a special emphasis that will help us grow closer to Him and each other.
TEACH: Eagle Campus: Intentionally teaching God’s Word as the foundation of all that we say and do.
- FALL RETREAT – SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2019 (all campuses)- A weekend you don’t want to miss! Women from all campuses come together to learn, to encourage and be encouraged, and to make and renew connections with other women. It’s time away from the daily cares and routines of our lives in a beautiful mountain setting. Topics are carefully chosen to help us become more like Him.
- MINI RETREAT – March – A day of renewal and fellowship after the winter. Lunch will be served and the speaker(s) and group interactions will be encouraging and helpful. Cost includes lunch.
- WEDNESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY – September – May – 10:00-11:30 am in the Chapel. Includes both large group study and small group time for discussion and relationship building. Childcare provided.
- TUESDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY – September – May – 7-8:30 pm in the Fireside Room. Includes both large group time and small group time for discussion and relationship building.
EQUIP: Eagle Campus – Intentionally equipping women to share Christ with others.
- SPIRITUAL MENTORING – Spiritual mentoring is coming alongside someone in their life’s journey, paying attention to where God is at work, connecting authentically in relationships to process life and grow closer to Christ together. If you are interested in having a spiritual mentor to encourage your spiritual growth and formation, or if you feel God’s tug on your heart to be intentional in spiritually mentoring another woman, call Glennis at 208-286-0879.
- MOMS GROUP – Wednesdays September – May 7 pm – Fellowship, inspiration, teaching, and equipping moms of all ages. Be encouraged and uplifted for the important task of motherhood. Topical studies and lots of interaction time. Childcare provided.
- WIDOWS GROUP (WOW) – second Sunday of each month for lunch together. Location is announced in the church bulletin the week prior to the meeting. A group designed to support widows through fellowship, encouragement, and devotional thought. Ultimately helping women heal and find new joy and meaning in life and serving others.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Twice annually. For all current leaders in Women’s Ministry. Drawing on Biblical leadership principles, these times are designed for encouragement, skill development, confidence building, and coming together as a team. Volunteer leaders in all facets of Women’s Ministries get to know one another, celebrate the opportunities to serve other women, and to move forward around the purposes and goals of ECC.
SEND: (Eagle Campus) – Intentionally sending women to share the Gospel and serve others.
QUILTING MINISTRY – Makes quilts for those in life-altering circumstances. Group also includes those who knit or crochet baby afghans and hats. Join us for a short time or let us know you are making things to give to this ministry. Meets Monday mornings at 9:30 at the church, and a second group meets Monday evenings at 6:30.
CARD MINISTRY – This ministry sends cards to encourage others that their church family and staff are aware of events or needs happening in their lives.
MEALS MINISTRY – Helps others with meals when there is an illness, surgery, new baby, or other special need and meals would be a real blessing. These servants help provide meals when needed for funeral dinners.
VISITATION MINISTRY – Reaches out to those who need a home visit and often just need someone to check in on them. This is another way to reach out with a loving touch to meet others at their point of need.
KITCHEN TEAM – Cleans the kitchen on a regular basis and keeps basic supplies in stock.
For other SERVING/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Call Glennis at 208-286-0879 or email@example.com.